L.E.A.D. is where social workers:
Strengthen their role as advocates in the advancement of the social work profession, and
Strengthen their commitment to social and economic justice for all.
Come meet with legislators…they are waiting to hear from us!
All registration will be online this year and there will be NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION.
Students: $20 / General Admission: $35 (CEs: add $10) *No refunds unless a written request is received by February 17th, 2014. A $5 service fee will be deducted from all refunds.
Doors Open – Great Hall
Opening Remarks & Welcome by
Carol Trust, Executive Director, NASW-MA– Great Hall / Streaming to Gardner Auditorium
Declaration of Social Work Month
Keynote Speaker: Kate Audette, MSW– Great Hall / Streaming to Gardner Auditorium
Advocacy Panel – Great Hall / Streaming to Gardner Auditorium
11:45 AM-12:30 PM
Lunch & Networking – Great Hall
• Professional Issues: Loan Forgiveness for Social Workers (HB1077/SB51)
• LGBT Issues: Banning Abusive Practices Aiming to Change a Minor’s Sexual
Orientation or Gender Identity (H154)
• Criminal Justice: Jobs not Jails
• Elder Issues: Increasing the Personal Care Allowance for Residents of Long Term Care Facilities
• Child and Adolescent Mental Health/Education: A Resolve to Ensure Student Progression (SB214)
and An Act Relative to Safe and Supportive Schools (SB 210, HB 520)
• Economic Justice: Earned paid sick time (HB1739/SB900) and increased
minimum wage (HB1701/SB878)
Lobbying 101 – Great Hall / Streaming to Gardner
CE stamping begins
THANK YOU TO OUR PREMIER CO-SPONSORS!
We are looking for energetic volunteers! Contact Holly Sherrod, LEAD Coordinator at email@example.com or 617-227-9635 x63
National Association of Social Workers - Massachusetts Chapter
14 Beacon Street, Suite 409, Boston MA 02108
tel: (617)227-9635 fax: (617)227-9877 email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2001, NASWMA. All rights reserved.