Resources for clinical social workers – practice updates, brochures, booklets, and law notes – are available from the national office of NASW to assist clinical social workers in their daily practices. With the exception of the law notes and bulk orders of the brochures, one copy, on request, is free to each member. The information is the most current for the subject listed.
Social Work Practice Updates
Contact the Information Center for a copy of a Social Work Practice Update listed below (1-800-638-8799).
Contact the Information Center for a copy of a brochure (1-800-638-8799) or call NASW Press Distribution Center for bulk orders (1-800-227-3590).
- Clinical Social Workers: Helping You Find Solutions
- Clinical Social Workers in Private Practice
- Starting a Private Practice (908)
- Retiring or Closing a Private Practice (914)
Contact the Information Center for a copy of a booklet listed below (1-800-638-8799).
- A Brief Look at Managed Mental Health Care (191)
- Bereavement Practice Guidelines for Health Care Professionals in the Emergency Department (921)
- Bereavement Practice Guidelines for Social Workers in the Emergency Department: Trainee Manual (1317)
- Emotional Reactions to the Sudden Death of a Child: The Family and the Emergency Care Provider (918)
- Family Centered Approaches to Families After a Child’s Death (919)
- Mental Health Treatment for Self-Injurious Behaviors: Clinical Practice Guidelines for Children and Adolescents in the Emergency Department (886)
- NASW Guidelines on the Private Practice of Clinical Social Work
- NASW Standards for the Practice of Clinical Social Work
- Risk-Taking Behaviors in the Emergency Department: The Social Worker’s Role with Children and Their Families (891)
Contact the General Counsel Office for a copy (1-800-638-8799, ext 290)
- Client Confidentiality and Privileged Communications
- Social Workers and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Social Workers and Child Abuse Reporting: A Review of State Mandatory Reporting Requirement
- Social Workers as Expert Witnesses
- Social Workers, Managed Care and Antitrust Issues
- Social Workers and Managed Care Contracts
- The Social Worker and Protection of Privacy
- Social Workers and Subpoenas
More Clinical Resources