This booklet shows clearly how and why the social work profession is uniquely qualified to function in a case management capacity. Includes the following: articles:
- Reclaiming and Promoting Social Work Case Management
- Models of Case Management
- Case Management Team Model: Social Worker and Nurse
- Case Management: A Public Health Challenge for the '90's
- Social Work Services in Case Management Programs in an HMO Setting
- A New Look at Social Work Case Management: Shaping Practice Skills
Managed care is causing a dramatic reorganization of social work services in health and mental health care. Central to the reorganization is an increasingly important role for the case manager. For social work to maintain its vital role in the current service delivery system, the profession must take a leadership role in promoting the use of social workers as case managers.
You can order The Case Management Booklet for $5 per copy for members ($7.50 for non-members) by sending a request with your check payable to NASW. The price includes shipping and handling.
(Return to Clinical Issues)