Join NASW   |   NASW Store   |   Print Page   |   Sign In
Email, Call, or Write your State Representative and Senator
Share |

Here’s how, it’s easy!

  1. Go to – – put in your address to find out all your elected officials. You’ll get a page that lists your voting place and all the politicians that represent you. Scroll down for State Senate and State Representative.
  2. Click on their names. You’ll be taken to their page on the Massachusetts State House. There you’ll see phone, address, and email contact information. The address for legislators is: Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108
  3. Choose one method – write, email or call – whatever’s easiest and most comfortable for you.

Here’s what to say, it’s simple!

  • Call: You will probably not get the legislator directly but speak with an aide – that’s fine, s/he’ll get the message. “ Hello, my name is _____. I am a registered voter in Sen/Rep’s _____ district. I am calling to ask her/him to support Bill # ___ (if you don’t know the number, just describe what the bill will accomplish). Is the Sen/Rep supporting this bill? I am a social worker and really care about this issue because _____. I hope she/he will help champion this bill and work to move it to the floor* for a vote. Thank you so much.”
  • Email: Dear Sen/Rep _____. I am a registered voter in your district. I am writing to ask you to support Bill # _____. I am a social worker and really care about this issue because _____. I hope you will help champion this bill and work to move it to the floor for a vote. Thank you so much, (sign your name and address, include any local affiliations you have, mention that you are a member of NASW-MA).
  • Letter: Basically the same as an email, it doesn’t have to be long. You can type or handwrite on plain paper or a card. Mailing a letter makes the biggest impact!

*Moving a bill to the floor for a vote means getting it out of a specific committee that is considering the bill and voting on it in the Senate or the House

Here’s what makes an impression!

  • That you took the time to contact your senator and representative.
  • That you added your own personal touch.
  • That you bring your own expertise, as a social worker and social justice advocate.

Here’s where you can get help & have your questions answered!

Call Christine Poff, Political Director, NASW – – 617-227-9635 x12

more Featured Events

Private Practice Meeting (Fall River)

Private Practice Meeting (Worcester)

3/22/2019 - Licensing Test Prep Course

Southeast Regional Council

National Association of Social Workers - Massachusetts Chapter
11 Beacon Street, Suite 510, Boston MA 02108
tel: (617)227-9635 fax: (617)227-9877 email:
Copyright 2017, NASW-MA. All rights reserved.

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal